Monday, August 08, 2011

Making Something Simple Into A Game of Expert Level Minesweeper

I have always had a tendency to 'over think'. It's why I thought an ice box was a freezer. It's why I thought there would be a special way to wrap a pork chop in aluminum foil. It's also why I took something as simple as a meme and turned it into a game of expert level minesweeper.

Huntress (aka CD Coffelt) passed on a meme to me sometime in July. She could not have known what that would do to my 'over thinking' brain. The term 'meme' is what threw me off. Was it like a tag? Was I supposed to answer her questions or make my own up? What was I supposed to do?

My conclusion? Whatever the hell I want, as long as I answer some questions and pass it on.

So, the following is a mix of Huntress's questions (which she made up herself) and the meme that got passed on to her.

Are you a rutabaga?

Am I a brassicaceous plant having yellow- or white-fleshed, edible tuber? No. (definition from Dictionary.com)

Who is your current crush?

I thought Crush was a drink. :)

Upload a heartwarming picture of something that makes you smile.



Last time you ate a vine-ripened tomato?

I don't know if it was vine-ripened, but I ate a tomato (or two) with my lunch a few days ago.

Name one habit that makes other people plot your demise.

I tend to rub paper when I read. The noise seems to drive everyone crazy.

What is the weirdest/most disgusting job you’ve ever had to do?

Since I've never had a real job, I'll go with the time I cleaned out Lizzie's oven. After I scrubbed for a bit, the burnt crispies looked like a face!

Where da muffin top at?

Am I even old enough to have one of those?

What author introduced you to your genre?

Seeing as I barely know what my genre is, I couldn't tell you. When I was little, I would read whatever I felt like (whether that involved lost ponies or kids with special powers) until one day I just decided to sit down and write a story about a dragon.

Describe yourself using obscure Latin words.

Nescio quid latine.

And they tell me I can tag as many people as I want!
  1. Teralyn Rose Pilgrim
  2. Michelle Fayard
  3. Madeline Bartos
  4. Michael Offutt
  5. Theresa Milstein
  6. Trisha
  7. Angela Scott

6 comments:

  1. "I thought Crush was a drink. :)"

    I love that part. [:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, what a surprise! I'm not sure I'm very good at answering tag questions though. Ah, former journalists. We're used to being the ones asking, not answering, the questions! Let me see if I can unplug a little more and give this a go ...

    BTW, I've left a reply to your comment at http://michellefayard.blogspot.com/2011/08/get-your-foot-in-door-contest.html.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you'd blab your crush on your blog!

    You are definitely too young for a muffin top!

    This meme is a nice change from the chicken one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Izzy Thank you. I pride myself on those few times when I actually think of something witty and funny to say. XD

    @Michelle I'm sure you can do it. You can draw on every answer to a question you've ever gotten. I know you're good at research.

    @Theresa Yeah, that's kind of different when you're my age and it's not a movie star. What is someone at school happened to find it? I might just die.

    That's what the woman who changed it said. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. D'oh, I missed this until now! I also have an award I forgot to accept from a fair while ago...maybe you gave me that one too? hehe. Will add this to my 'to do' list :)

    ReplyDelete