Saturday, August 27, 2011

Decapitated Teddies and Crit Partners and Rules. Oh My!

I've got a secret. But I'll let you in on it. You know if you want. -looks around- About a month ago, I got -takes deep breath- a critique partner. Or two (one for each WIP, you understand). Their names? A secret isn't enough for you? Now I have to give you names, too? -huffs- Fine. -leans in close- Their names are Christina and Steph.

Recently, Steph (you know, my critique partner) passed along the Liebster Blog award. And guess who she gave it to? -points to self and mouths 'me'- How did you know?

There's one more thing I need to tell you concerning the award, but be warned, it is something so frightful you may sleep with a nightlight for the rest of your life. Those with squeamish stomachs might want to look away. Are you ready? Are you clenching a pillow in terror? Me too.

There are rules!

It's okay to admit that you screamed. -clears throat- But we're in up to our ears now, there's no going back.
  1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
  2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
  3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
  4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
  5. And most of all - have bloggity-blog fun!
Steph, I'm so sorry to have drug you into this, really I am, but in accordance to the -shudders- rules I must thank you. Thank you, Steph. You're a true liebster. (See rules don't just affect one person, they affect everyone.)

Whew! That wasn't so bad. What did you guys think? -looks at decapitated teddy bear- I see. Well, risking more danger to poor Teddy, we must move forward.

I'm going to let you in on another secret, the following five bloggers must have under 200 followers. I know, you're biting your fingernails at the scaryfyingness of this new rule. But I promise, we'll get through this. Even if we all end up with nubs.
  1. J at Concrete Pieces of Soul
  2. Teralyn Pilgrim at A Writer's Journey
  3. Izzy at I s a b e l l a
  4. Marlena Cassidy at The Words Behind the Writer
  5. Ella at Musings in Ink
Anyone need smelling salts? Anyone? No. Good. Oh wait, sorry I missed you in the back. I have some good news for you though, that may be better than smelling salts. We can skip over rule #3 because I already did that myself. Please, please, quiet down. I have one more thing to say. Anyone have a soapbox? Ah, thank you.

The five poor souls that I have passed this award onto, will have to face the -shudders- rules. But I have faith in them. I have faith that they will work through this and they will pass it on to others because there is nothing to fear, but fear itself. And to learn that, we must first face our fears. So have faith! And thank your lucky stars if you have over 200 followers.

Look at that. We completed rule four and you didn't even notice. You know, I've enjoyed watching you defeat your fears. It's been fun, this journey of ours. Which, guess what? Come closer. Closer. We've done everything the rules said so we can go back to normal where we do whatever the hell we please. Mwhahahaha!

Wait, before you leave, there's one more thing.  

Deirdra Coppel also gave me an award. One that I consider to be very special since she has to give it to you herself (this is because she created it), since she has to think you deserve it. The Powerful Woman Writer Award

And guess what (we're doing lots of guessing today)? There are no rules. Geez, I could hear your sigh of relief all the way through the computer.

21 comments:

  1. @Marlena 'Tis nothing. And I can find you a new teddy bear for your own post if you want. :)

    @Sarah You've just been everywhere this week haven't you, Sarah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the award! It was sweet of you to think of me and help bump me up to 200 followers. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it'll help, Teralyn. ^^ Your posts are one of the ones I look most forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, thank you, Brooke!

    I don't think I can pass this on though, all the blogs I follow have well over 200 followers. xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Izzy Well then maybe that's a sign you should go search out new blogger buddies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Liebster love is making it's way around, isn't it? Thanks for making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me on tenterhooks here, Brooke! hehe. Congrats on the award(s), and congrats to the new awardees! I love Deirdra awards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tenterhooks? Is that an Aussie term (or is that too stereotypical for me to say)?

    I think it's wonderful that she makes them all herself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo congratulations. The award is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the awards! Good on you for getting crit partners. It can be scary to let someone see your work.

    Not as scary as rules, though. Brrrrr.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Michael I think she has one for men as well. You would have to check out her site.

    @Misha Thank you. Really, I don't think of it as scary. I look forward to getting critiques back and reading them. Does that make me weird?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog, so glad to have found it through the campaign :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, thank you. ^^ Comments like that make me sooo happy. I'm waiting 'til everything is finalized before I go around to meet everyone, but I'm sure I'll be saying just as nice things about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on these very well-deserved awards, Brooke! I was especially delighted to see Marlena is one of your re-awarded recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I take it that you are close friends since I found her through your blog.

    ReplyDelete